商用無料の写真検索さん
           


Cowell. Eyre Peninsula. The Anglican Church built in 1909 and on the other corner the Masonic Lodge also built in 1909. : 無料・フリー素材/写真

Cowell. Eyre Peninsula. The Anglican Church built in 1909 and on the other corner the Masonic Lodge also built in 1909. / denisbin
このタグをブログ記事に貼り付けてください。
使用画像:     注:元画像によっては、全ての大きさが同じ場合があります。
あなたのブログで、ぜひこのサービスを紹介してください!(^^
Cowell. Eyre Peninsula. The Anglican Church built in 1909 and on the other corner the Masonic Lodge also built in 1909.

QRコード

ライセンスクリエイティブ・コモンズ 表示-改変禁止 2.0 一般
説明Cowell.Captain Matthew Flinders charted this harbour entrance in 1802 but it was Governor Gawler who visited by ship in 1840 and named it Franklin Harbour after the governor of Van Diemen’s Land who had been a seaman on Flinders’ ship the Investigator in 1802. The McKechnie brothers took up a pastoral lease from here to Cleve in 1853. The land was surveyed for closer settlement (the Hundred of Playford 1878) and the town surveyed and gazetted in 1880. Governor Jervois named it after a friend of his Sir John Cowell. The new wheat farmers needed a port and the first jetty opened at Cowell in 1882. The District Council was formed in 1888 a sign of progress in the settlement. The old buildings of Cowell include the Post Office 1884 now the town museum; the Institute 1912; the District Council Offices 1912; the Methodist Church 1908; the Anglican Church 1909; the Masonic Lodge 1909;the former Baptist Church 1914, from 1933 Lutheran; the Franklin Harbour Hotel built in 1881 as a single storey hotel with the upper floored added in 1907; and the impressive Commercial Hotel built in 1910; the Police Station 1904; the former Bank of Adelaide 1908; the chaff mill 1908; RSL Hall 1953. In 1965 a deposit of jade (nephrite) was discovered in the hills west of Cowell and it is still mined there. It is the jade used in Chinese carvings and premier Cowell black jade is highly prized. The deposits are one of the largest in the world. Nearby Port Gibbon was used to ship out wheat from the earliest days. In 1915 a small town was surveyed here. During World War Two four concrete bomb shelters and radio towers 132 feet high were built to detect any Japanese enemy shipping heading towards the BHP naval ship building yards at Whyalla. By the time the shelters were completed peace had been declared. The shelters were sold to farmers in 1946. Two remain.
撮影日2019-09-09 15:47:02
撮影者denisbin , Adelaide, Australia
タグ
撮影地
カメラDSC-HX90V , SONY
露出0.002 sec (1/640)
開放F値f/5.0


© 名入れギフト.com

こちらもおすすめです→ カエレバ(同一商品の複数ショップリンク一発作成) | Amazon search | 楽々お任せリンク | Affiliate Helper